Here are some exercises to practise for the 7th grade Test on Tuesday, 3rd April. It deals with grammar and structures covered in Unit 4.
I Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb (infinitive or gerund).
- My teacher refused ___________ (believe) my story.
- Mary doesn’t really enjoy ___________ (dance).
- Did you forget ___________ (buy) a present for John?
- Dad promised __________ (give) me a bike for my birthday.
- Jane doesn’t mind __________ (help) with my homework.
- Jamie promised __________ (send) me a postcard.
- I can’t imagine ___________ (go) to school in different country.
- Tom and Suzie decided __________ (go) to the park after lunch.
- Ben offered ________ (look after) the dog this weekend.
- I enjoy _________ (watch) old black-and-white films.
- Alice stopped ________ (look ) at the ,lions. Then she left the zoo.
- Tim stopped __________ (talk) to his neighbour and went into his house.
- When we were jogging in the park, we stopped _________ (have) a break.
- Did you remember _________ (phone) Jane? It’s her birthday today.
- Do you remember ___________ (visit) the castle? You were only five.
II Describe the picture you see using structures There is / are… I can see …
Click on the pictures to see them better. You should write at least 5 sentences for each picture.
III Choose the correct form of the adjectives.
- Ha ha! That joke is amazing / amazed.
- Katie is interested / interesting in History.
- Mum felt worrying / worried when Dad didn’t come home on time.
- I am annoyed / annoying with my sister.
- My brother is amusing / amused.
- Luke was surprised / surprising when he heard the news.
- I left the cinema because I was boring / bored.
- This document is really interested / interesting.
- Are you frightened / frightening of ghosts?
- That film is very boring / bored.
IV Make dialogues for the situations. Use the cues.
- I can’t hear what you are talking. The radio is too loud.
- I haven’t got anything to write with.
- I can’t hear the news on TV.
- The cat is very hungry.
V Report the command, requests and advice.
- „Go to the shop.“ My mum …
- „Don’t listen to them, please.“ He _________ her …
- „You should learn more.“ She …
- „It might be a good idea to phone her. “ John…
- „Why don’t you visit Paris?“ He …
- „Don’t go to bed late.“ My parents …
- „You might go to the dentist.“ My sister…
- „Please, hold the door for me?“ Mrs Atkins …
- „Make me a cup of coffee, please.“ His girlfriend …
- „You shouldn’t copy from other students.“ My Maths teacher …
- „Read the book.“ He …
- „It might be a good idea to use an online dictionary.“ Our Spanish teacher…
If you have any questions, if you need some extra explanations or if you want me to just check your sentences write to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to my Facebook profile. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
PS: Good luck with the exercises : ).