U engleskom jeziku, da izrazimo uslov koji se ne može ostvariti ili za koji postoji malo verovatnoće koristimo sledeći obrazac:
IF + PAST SIMPLE, WOULD + INFINITIVE
If I saw him, I would tell him. Kada bih ga videla, ja bih mu rekla.
If they knew the answer, they would tell us. Da znaju odgovor, rekli bi nam.
He could help us if he were here. On bi mogao da nam pomogne kada bi bio ovde.
If she didn’t talk in class, she would learn more. Kada ona ne bi pričala na času, naučila bi više.
Ponekada, posle I koristimo were umesto was, ali to više zvuči formalno.
If I were taller, I would play basketball. Da sam viši, igrao bih košarku.
Međutim, za davanje saveta upotrebljavamo If i were you, I would… ili If I were in your shoes, I would...
If I were you, I wouldn’t do that. da sam na tvom mestu, ne bih to radio.
If I were in your shoes, I would invite Tom to the party. Kada bih bio na tvom mestu, pozvao bih Toma na zabavu.
Rečenice za domaći:
- If lilly and Mike _____________ (be) here, they _____________ (know) what to do.
- Tina ____________ (finish) her work on time if she ______________ (not talk) so much.
- If _____________ (have) a dog, I _____________ (go) for a walk more often.
- If Mike _____________ (answer) emails, I ____________ (write) to him more often.
- If I ___________ (be) you, ____________ (listen) to your parents.
- If I ___________ (be) in your shoes, I ____________ (spend) so much money.
- I ___________ (travel) around the world if I ___________ (be) rich.
- I ___________ (get) a better job if I __________ (speak) English perfectly.
- If they ___________ (leave) early tomorrow morning, they __________ (have) time to visit all the famous sights.
- If you ___________ (win) a lottery, what ________ you ___________ (do)?
If you need my help, I am here for you. Good luck with the sentences.