Let’s get down to work and get ready for the test. Here is one more test preparation for you.
I write the verbs in brackets in the Present Simple Tense.
- John ___________ (brush) his teeth every evening.
- She ___________ (go) to school on foot.
- They __________ (not write) letters but they ____________ (write) a lot of e-mails.
- It ___________ (snow) a lot in winter.
- He ___________ (have) many friends.
- I ____________ (not speak) Japanese but I ____________ (speak) English very well.
- His grandparents _____________ (not watch) DVDs but they ____________ (watch) TV a lot.
- My friends ____________ (get up) early every morning.
- Maya ___________ (not play) computer games.
- We ____________ (feed) our dog twice a day.
II Write questions using do or does. Then, answer the questions where necessary.
- How ________ you go to work?
- _________ they go to school in the afternoon? Yes, they _______.
- Where _________ she play table tennis?
- ______ your best friend speak German? No, he ________.
- ______ his dad play the guitar? Yes, he ______/
- What time ______ Clare meet her friends at the bus stop?
III Write the dates.
We write We say
27/ 11 27 November the twenty-seventh of November
- 23 / 4
- 15 / 8
- 31 / 12
- 22 / 3
- 9 / 5
- 16 / 10
IV Write the adverbs of frequency in the right places.
- She does her homework in the afternoon. (always)
- Tom doesn’t go out at the weekend. (often)
- He is nice. (never)
- We are very tired in the evening. (sometimes)
- I read magazines. (normally)
- They don’t cook lunch. (often)
- My brother gets angry. (usually)
V How often do you do these things?