I Use the present simple or present continuous forms of the verbs in brackets.
- He always ________ (drink) orange juice.
- They _______ (play) hide and seek in the garden now.
- Where is Tom? He _______ (have) a shower at the moment.
- I ________ (not live) in his street.
- _____ you ______ (walk) to school every day? Yes, but today I ________ (take) a bus.
- What ______ he ______ usually (have) for breakfast?
- Chris ________ (not read) a lot of books.
- We _______ (not watch) TV at the moment.
- Look! Jane ________ (run|) down the street.
II Use the past simple form of the verbs in brackets.
- He _________ (arrive) home late last night. He _______ (not be) at home at 8 p.m.
- ______ you _______ (break) mu favourite cup? No, Kate _____ (drop) it.
- I _______ (not be) angry at him.
- Where ______ she ______ (move) to in 2010?
- Tina and Paul _______ (know) all the answers to the test questions last week.
- They ________ (not want) to come to the party.
- Greg ______(be) very tired last night so he _______ (go) to bed early.
- ______(be)your parents in the restaurant yesterday?
- He ______ (start) school last year.
- We _____ (be) born in 2000.
- Mike ______(not get ) the job in the international company.
- He ______ (leave) school at the age of 18.
- Patricia _______ (get) married last month.
III Complete the chartwith the missing family vocabulary.
IV Translate into English.
- Jedinac, jedinica
- Najstarije dete
- Stariji brat
- Mladja sestra
- Najmladje dete
- preseliti se
- roditi se
- krenuti u skolu
- zavrsiti skolu
- dobiti posao
- vencati se
- razvesti se
V Write sentences with was supposed to about Uncle Eric who always mixes things up. Use the chart below.
Example: Uncle Eric was supposed to polish his shoes and put the rubbish into the dustbin. But he polished the dustbin and put the shoes into the dustbin.
|Polish his shoes
|Iron his trousers
|Take the baby for a walk
|Cook the lunch
|Paint the bedroom
|Feed the cat
|Put the rubbish into the dustbin
VI Invite your friends to come to your party, to go the cinema with you, to go for a walk with you, etc.
Use Would you like to…? Do you fancy…? Do you want to…?
Example: A: Would you like to come to my party? B: I’d love to. Thanks.
VII Write about the activities that you like or dislike from the pictures.
IX Write a short paragraph about:
- Your family
- Your best friend
- Your brothers/ sisters/ grandparents
Answer key for the 6th grade test preparation can be found here.
I Use the present simple or present continuous tense of the verbs in brackets:
- I ________ (have) a test now.
- The teacher _______ (not talk) at the moment.
- They _______ (not believe) in vampires.
- _____ he ______ (eat) his lunch at the moment?
- What _____ she usually______ (do) in the evening?
- He _______ (not want) to move to another city.
- She never ______ (have) a guitar lesson on Fridays.
- We always _______ (go) to the seaside in summer.
- _____ she _____ (know) you?
- What _____ you _____ (wait) for? Let’s go.
- Winter ________ (begin) in December.
- Mike ______ often______ (not drink) coffee.
II Write the past simple or past continuous form of the verbs in brackets:
- While we ________ (have) breakfast, the postman ________ (arrive).
- She quickly _______ (put) on her coat, ______ (grab) her bag and ______ (run) out.
- Where ______ (be) you last night? I _____ (be) at home. I ______ (not be) away.
- Tamara _______ (read) her newspaper as they _______ (watch) DVDs.
- Steve _______ (break) a cup while he _______ (serve) coffee.
- The children _______ (walk) in the park, when it _______ (start) to rain.
- I ______ (see) her last night.
- What _____ you _____ (do) yesterday?
- They always ________ (invite) me for dinner while I ______ (be) there.
- She ________ (play) a piano while they ________ (play) cards and _______ (laugh).
- It ________ (rain) when we _______ (go) out.
- Mr and Mrs Brown _________ (have) dinner at 7 o’clock last night.
III Write 2 sentences about the things that you used and didn’t use to do when you were younger.
Example: I used to play computer games a lot.
I didn’t use to eat peas when I was younger.
I didn’t used to wear high-heeled shoes.
I used to wear flat shoes when I was younger.
IV Use the correct form of be going to or will.
- A: I’m so hungry. B: I _________ buy you a sandwich.
- When I grow up, I ________ be a doctor.
- After school, we ______ go to a café.
- A: These bags are too heavy. B: I _________ help you.
- Look at that car! It _________ crash into the tree.
- I think they _______ pass the exam.
- Look the sky! It ______ (rain) this evening.
- I don’t think he ______ (finish) the project on time.
V Use the past modals could and had to in the sentences below. If you have (-) in the sentence use the negative forms didn’t have to or couldn’t.
- She _______ speak English when she was 5.
- When we were at the kindergarten, we ________ sleep before lunch.
- They _______ show their passports to the policemen.
- He _______ (-) go out with his friends because he ________ revise for the exam.
- On holiday, I _______ speak English because the other people ______ (-) understand Serbian.
- John ______ (tidy) up his room because his mum was angry about the mess.
- Geography is easy for Trish so she _________ (-) revise for the test last week.
- We were late for the concert so we _______ (run) all the way to the concert hall.
- Josh had an important business meeting on Friday morning so he ______ (-) go to bed late on Thursday.
- Mia broke her arm so she _______(-) play in the final match.
VI Translate into English using the words too and enough.
Example: Ova majica je suvise siroka. Ona nije dovoljno tesna.
This T-shirt is too loose. It’s not tight enough.
- Ova haljina je suvise tesna. Ona nije dovoljno siroka.
- Njegova jakna je suvise kratka. Ona nije dovoljno dugacka.
- Moja kafa je suvise hladna. Ona nije dovoljno topla.
- Ove cipele su suvise skupe. One nisu dovoljno jeftine.
- Ova supa je suvise vruca. Ona nije dovoljno hladna.
- Ove pantalone su suvise siroke. One nisu dovoljno tesne.
VII Translate into English.
- Pamučna majica
- Kožne cipele
- Plastična čaša
- Papirni tanjir
- Čelični most
- Kameni zid
- Srebrni prsten
- Svilena haljina
- Gvozdena sekira
- Bakarna strela
- Vuneni ogrtač
- Gumene čizme
- Drvene alatke
- Zlatna narukvica
VIII Translate into English.
- Zvonaste pantalone
- Špicaste cipele
- Karirana košulja
- Prugasta pidžama
- Jednobojna majca
- Košulja sa dugačkim / kratkim rukavima
- Vrećaste pantalone
- Široka suknja
- Tesne farmerke
- Ravne cipele
IX Describe the clothes that the people from the picture are wearing.
Jane Tom Mr Short Pam Mrs Edwards
Example: Jane is wearing a short-sleeved shirt, checked skirt and blue high-heeled shoes.
You can check the answers to the exercises here Answer Key.