Here you can find grammar and vocabulary exercises to practise for the first written test dealing with Unit 1 and 2 in Project 4, the third edition.
I Translate the sentences:
- Ovo je drveni sto.
- Ovo je čelični most.
- Ovo su gvozdene sekire.
- Ovo su vunene čarape.
- Ovo su plastične šolje.
- Ovo su papirni tanjiri.
- Ovo je srebrno prstenje.
- Ovo je zlatni sat.
- Ovo je svilena bluza.
- Ovo su gumene čizme.
II Use the verbs in brackets in the correct tense – the Past Simple or the Past Continuous.
- We ________ (have) lunch when they _______(arrive).
- They ________ (ride) bikes while we ________ (roller-blade).
- She ________ (put) on her jacket, _______ (lock) the door and _________ (leave) the building.
- What _______ he _______ (do) last weekend?
- What _______ he _______ (do) at 6 p.m. yesterday?
- They ________ (set) off 2 hours ago.
- I _________ (make) a cake for his birthday.
- She only________ (sleep) for 4 hours last night.
- Mark ________ (break) a glass while he ________ (wash) up.
- He ________ (open) his briefcase and ________ (take) out the documents.
III Write sentences about the things Helen used or didn’t use to do when she was younger.
|Swim in the lake
not drink expensive wines
|Swim in the sea
drink expensive wines
|Stay in a hostel
not travel by plane
|Stay in a hotel
travel by plane
|Eat fast food||Eat in expensive restaurants|
- When Helen was younger, she used to swim in the lake, now she swims in the sea.
- She didn’t use to drink expensive wines, now she drinks expensive wines.
IV Write what you see:
V Translate the sentences:
- Ove čizme su suviše tesne. One nisu dovoljno široke.
- Ova haljina je suviše kratka. Ona nije dovoljno dugačka.
- Ove cipele su suviše skupe. One nisu dovoljno jeftine.
VI Insert the past modals could , could’t, had to or didn’t have to.
- He _________ do the test. It wasn’t very difficult.
- They _________ (-) speak when they were 4.
- She ________ (-) cook dinner because he ordered pizza.
- Last week we _______ revise because we had a Maths test.
- The students _______ (-) solve the problem because it was too difficult.
- Mark _______ ride a bike when he was 3.
VII Put the verbs in brackets in the Present Perfect or Past Simple Tense.
- Steve _______ (done) the project successfully.
- They ________ (travel) round Greece last summer.
- _____ she ______ (help) you with the project last Monday?
- _____ she ______ (show) you the new dress?
- I ______ never ______ (write) a postcard.
- The stuntman ________ (walk) through fire many times. He ______ also _______ (drive) through wall.
- George __________ (not take) the bus to school yesterday morning.
- She ______ just ______ (drink) a cup of coffee.
- We ________ (win) the match in 2014.
- My parents __________ (live) in this house for 30 years.
VIII Complete the sentences with since (point in time) or for (period of time).
- They have known each other _____ 1990.
- We have lived here ______ 20 years.
- She has been here _____ 7 o’clock.
- They have been on holiday _____ 2 weeks.
- He has spoken German _____ he was 7.
IX Use the adjectives and nouns from page 25 in your book to complete the sentences.
- She was very a_______ because he broke her favourite vase.
- He is a very s________ writer. His books are sold all around the world.
- F__________ is what we fight for.
- G__________ is important if you want to be a model.
- This is an e__________ book.
- She is a f__________ actress in her country.
- F________ doesn’t always bring h_________.
- They had many d__________ in their lives.
X Write question tags for each sentence:
- She is your best friend, ________?
- They lived in Holland, ________?
- We have completed the task, ________?
- We are going to visit them, ________?
- Don’t shout, _______?
- Let’s have a drink, ______?
- Everyone was present, _______?
- Someone has stolen his wallet, ______?
- Gina has English lessons twice a week, _______?
- I’m at languages, _______?
XI Write all the words that you know to talk about hardware and software of a computer.
XII Translate the parts of the body into Serbian.