Our first “big“ test is pretty close so we should better practice the things we covered so far. The test will deal with the grammar and vocabulary from The Introduction and Unit 1 (Project 3 Student’s Book).
So let’s get started.
I Present Simple and Continuous Tense – use the correct verb form:
- She ______________ (have) breakfast at the moment.
- I often _____________ (go) for a walk with my friends.
- They _______________ (not learn) now.
- __________ you always___________ (drink) orange juice? Yes, I ________.
- Look! He _____________ (ride) a horse.
- Today, Stephen _____________ (take) a bus to work but he usually ____________ (go) by car.
- _________ she ___________ (visit) her grandparents every weekend? No, she __________.
- In this picture, we ______________ (sit) on a beach.
- My brother never ___________ (eat) broccoli.
- I ____________ (do) some English exercises at the moment.
II Past Simple – regular and irregular verbs:
- Mia ___________ (want) to go to Greece last summer but she __________ (go) to Bulgaria instead.
- __________ they__________ (invite) you to their wedding? Yes, they _________.
- Marko ____________ (make) some nice model planes yesterday.
- He ___________ (not sleep) well last night.
- My dog _________ (dig) a deep hole in the garden searching for a bone.
- She __________ (lose) her key so she ____________(climb) through the window to get inside.
- _________ you_________ (have) pizza for dinner? No, I _________.
- She _____________ (sit) next to the window on the bus.
- He __________ (open) a packet of crisps and _________ (eat) them because he _________ (be) very hungry.
- My sister ___________ (lie) on the bed and __________ (fall) asleep quickly.
III Write was, wasn’t, were or weren’t in the gaps.
- I __________ very busy yesterday.
- _________you at Maya’s party? No, I _________ (-).
- She _________ (-) late for class.
- _________they happy together? Yes, they ________.
- The key __________ (-) on the table. It __________ next to the TV set.
- _______ your friends in he park with you? No, they _________(-). I _________ alone.
- It __________(-) raining. The weather _________ nice.
- My grandparents ___________(-) in the garden. They ________ in the kitchen.
IV Complete the gaps with a suitable word:
- A: How ________ your weekend?
B: It was ______________.
A: I ________ __________. I stayed in bed the whole weekend.
2. A: What __________ you _________ at the weekend?
B: I went ________ _______ _________.
A: Was the film ___________?
B: No, it ________ ________. I fell asleep.
3. A: What ________ you ________ on Saturday?
B: I __________ __________.
A: Oh, was_________ _________?
B: Yes, it _________ __________. I won the match.
V Write what you see in the pictures:
V Complete the gaps:
- Jessica is Linda’s _____________.
- Steven is Angela’s _____________.
- Alan and Jessica are Vanessa, Justin and Michael’s ____________.
- Mary is Steven’s ____________.
- Joseph is Linda’s _____________.
- Vanessa is Michael’s __________.
- Linda is Justin’s ______________.
- Vanessa, Justin, Michael and Linda are Joseph’s _____________.
- Linda is Mary’s _____________.
- Jessica is Alan’s ________.
- Justin is Steven’s ___________.
- Vanessa is Steven’s ___________.
- Michael is Joseph and Mary’s_____________.
- I haven’t got any brothers or sisters. I am the ________ __________.
- I have an older brother and a younger sister so I am the __________ child.
- He has a sister. She was born on the same day as he. They are t__________.
- I am the ___________. I have three older brothers.
- I am the __________. I have two younger sisters.
VI Write dialogues using Would you like to…? Do you want to ….? Do you fancy ….?
(A: Would you like to go to cinema with me and watch Spiderman? B: When is it? A: At 8 o’clock on Friday. B: I’d love to. Thanks.)
- A: Invite your friend to play tennis with you after school.
2. A: Invite your brother to go to the park with you.
B: Refuse and give a reason.
3. A: Invite your friend to come to your party.
B: Ask when it is. Accept.
4. A: Invite your sister to go for a walk with you.
B: Refuse. Give a reason.
VII Write what you like or dislike. (I like…. I don’t like…)
Good luck on the test!