Hello, my dear pupils!
Let’s practice a little for the test next week.
I Write was or wasn’t (za jedninu) or were, weren’t (za mnozinu). (– wasn’t or weren’t, + was or were)
- I _________(+) in the park yesterday but I didn’t play because the weather __________ (+) bad. It _________ (+) rainy, it _________ (-) sunny.
- He _________(+) at home but his sister _________(+) at school.
- ________ you at home last night? Yes, I ________.
- They ________ in the zoo last weekend.
- John and Jill ________ in the cinema last night.
II Write a, an or the. (A i an kada nešto pominjemo prvi put, the kada nešto pominjemo drugi treći, …. put)
- I can see ____ apple. ____ apple is green. ____ apple is on the table.
- I can see ____ bag. _____ bag is big.
- There is ____ boy in the street. ____ boy is running. ____ dog is running after ____ boy. _____ dog is white.
- We went to the zoo last week. In the zoo we saw ____ elephant. ____ elephant was huge. We also saw ____ ostrich. ____ ostrich was very fast.
- There is _____ T-shirt on my chair. _____ T-shirt is red.
- At school I mustn’t .
- At school I must .
- In the zoo I mustn’t .
- In the zoo I must__ .
IV What are the rules for keeping pets? What must and mustn’t you do to your pet?
- I must __________________________.
- I mustn’t ________________________.
V What animals can you see? Write the animals.
1. ____________ 2.____________ 3. _____________ 4. _____________ 5. ____________
6. ___________ 7. ____________ 8. ___________ 9. ____________
- Which animal is the tallest? ______________________
- Which animal is the smallest? ____________________
- Which animal is the most dangerous? _________________
- Which animal is the nicest? _________________
- Which animal is the strongest? ____________________
VI Complete with bigger, taller, nicer, more dangerous, stronger.
- The hippo is b_________ than the lion.
- The lion is s_________ than the camel.
- The parrot is n________ than the snake.
- The giraffe is t_______ the tiger.
- The rhino is m_____ ___________ than the parrot.
VII What’s the weather like?
Now, pencils in your hands and do the exercises!